48" x 18" Hot Wire Big Bow Cutter
48" X 18" HOT WIRE BOW CUTTER
Free Form Hot Wire Foam Cutting Adjustable Hot Wire Heat Control
- Adjustable Hot Wire Heat Control
- Industrial-Quality Aluminum Construction
- Uses Standard NW100 Cutting Hot Wire
- Comfortable, Positive Hand Grips
- Perfect for Foam Sculptures and Slab Cut
Note: Heated Wire expands when hot. If the spring is too tight the wire may break restricting operation of mechanism. If too loose, the cut will be sloppy. Readjustment of tension may be necessary from time to time.
Power Controller – Use nothing longer than a 50 foot 12/3 grounded extension cord with this hot wire. Set the temperature dial on the controller to zero (0). Turn on the hot wire power controller and adjust the dial until the wire glows orange. Immediately back off the controller until the heated wire just begins to turn from orange to gray. This is the optimum foam cutting temperature of the wire. Anything hotter will cause premature hot wire failure or anything cooler will require too much feed pressure on the wire causing premature failure. If the heated wire is too hot, the cut may not be as accurate as you would like. A wire that is too hot will melt the foam too quickly at the beginning of the cut and less quickly as the wire cools off resulting in an inaccurate cut.
• Use only the recommended wire. (NW100)
• Do not use this equipment in wet or damp conditions.
• Use only grounded receptacle